Menu

Marbling: An experiment of digital modification

Home / portfolio / Marbling: An experiment of digital modification

Marbling: An experiment of digital modification

Ink on paper, digitally altered

I did another batch of marbling during 2016's thanksgiving break. It took me another month to get everything scanned and another week to be able to finally do some digital editing for these files.

Although the process takes time, I would say this batch is by far the most "vivid" batch. I have used a lot more color, and get some very complicated patterns.

So here is a case that demonstrates how I play with these images. I start with the original scan (first image) and do basic light/color/contrast altering. After that, I play with different filters and create different patterns.

Share